Thanks for visiting!
Drink Play Grub is lifestyle blog is about restaurants, events, local businesses, and other life happenings. I used to write for OC Metro and OC Menus then decided to start my own OC-focused blog.
Known mostly as my online alias, TheBigDebowski, I spend a lot of time drinkin’, playin’, and grubbin’, and I get asked a lot of questions about said activities.
People want to know context for the photos I share on Instagram, or learn more about events I attend, so this is a hub to share that information.
As a “Big Sister” for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County, I partake in a lot of cultural, seasonal, and other activities that allow me to partake in family events even though I’m not yet a mom.
I have two dogs, Rigby and Sadie (both named after Beatles tunes), whom I adore:
I love me some social media and writing, and do a lot of it.
I also have a business blog, Social Hospitality, where I talk a lot about the latest trends and business side of social media and related topics.
Find me on social media:
Here are some of the places I regularly write:
I have also written articles for the following websites and publications:
- SEMrush – Personal vs. Business: Why You Need Separate Social Accounts
- Forbes – Are You Social Marketing or Marketing on Social Networks?
- Chic CEO – From Employee to Entrepreneur
- HCareers – New Concepts in Hotel Blogging
- New Media Expo – What Small Businesses Can Learn from the Hospitality Industry
- Business2Community – The Time is NOW for Social Media in the Hospitality Industry
- Forbes Travel Guide – OC Restaurant Reviews
- OC Mom Blog – OC Events (column)
I’ve been mentioned or quoted in the following articles:
- Hotel News Now – How hoteliers can capitalize on Twitter’s evolution
- Hotel News Now – Are new chat bot platforms right for hotels?
- Capterra – The Top 16 Leaders in Hospitality to Follow on Twitter
- Hotel News Now – 9 Social Media Tips for 2016
- Capterra – The 31 Essential Hotel Management Resources
- Social Media Today – Debbie Miller featured on the ‘All the Social Ladies’ Podcast
- B2B News Network – Podcast Recappers: How to live-tweet an event like a pro
- Inc. – Online Marketing Professionals Attending PubCon 2014
- USA Today – Hotels Turn to Instagram, Pinterest
- Huffington Post – Social Media Passionistas
- Brandwatch – Ask the Experts: 10 Ways to Boost Your Engagement on Google+
- Maximize Social Business – The Value of Google+
- Business 2 Community – Looking Beyond Vanity Metrics in Social Media
- Nightclub & Bar – Visual Based Social Networks
- FobeSoft – 100 Bite Sized Restaurant Advertising Tips The Best Restaurants Swear By
- Antavo – Facebook Bans the Like Gate
- All Parenting – Tips for Going Green
Feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org