Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar, a leader in the upscale casual dining sector known for its assertive beverage program and forward-thinking cuisine, is lightening up for spring with the launch of a new “Clean” cocktail menu on March 27th.
Crafted and perfected in Lazy Dog’s Test Kitchen in Brea, each all-natural libation contains less than 150 calories with no artificial ingredients or added sugar.
“After the incredible reception of our Nutritious & Delicious menu, which launched in 2012 and features items that are all 650 calories or less, we wanted to offer our guests a cocktail menu that mirrors that sensibility,” says Lazy Dog owner Chris Simms. “All of these cocktails are big on flavor, so those who are craving a lighter beverage don’t feel like they are compromising on taste.”
The six cocktails feature reinterpreted takes on classics like the Bloody Mary and Lemon Drop, all composed with thoughtfully sourced ingredients like organic cucumber vodka and matcha green tea, along with gluten-sensitive offerings for those with dietary restrictions. Menu offerings include:
- Coconut Mojito (GS) – All natural Malibu coconut rum, 100% pure coconut water, fresh mint, lime, sparkling water [106 calories] $8.50
- Clean Mary – Rain organic cucumber vodka, tomato juice, hand-muddled cucumber, fresh squeezed lemon juice, jalapeño, black sea salt rim [104 calories] $7.95
- Spiked Matcha Green Tea (GS) – All natural TYKU sake, Tito’s handmade vodka, organic matcha green tea, 100% pure pineapple juice, fresh ginger, housemade sweet & sour, and fresh mint leaves [124 calories] $7.95
- Pom Margarita (GS) – Sauza tequila, 100% pure pomegranate juice, housemade sweet & sour, black sea salt rim [147 calories] $7.95
- Wild Blueberry Lemon Drop (GS) -Tito’s Handmade Vodka, wild blueberries, fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic agave nectar, 100% pure pineapple juice [136 calories] $8.50
- Moscow Mule – Ketel One Vodka, all natural ginger beer & fresh squeezed limes [140 calories] $8.50
*GS = denotes Gluten Sensitive Cocktails
“This menu is the result of months of tinkering in the test kitchen to ensure that each cocktail is as refreshing and craveable as all the Lazy Dog favorites,” says Executive Chef Gabe Caliendo. “We’re excited to finally share these lighter offerings with our guests with the launch this March.”
The full suite of “Clean” cocktails will be available starting March 27th at all Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar restaurants throughout Southern California, as well as Concord in the Bay Area.