OCTA has launched Rideshare Week, Oct 7th–11th, encourages commuters to take the bus, train, vanpool, carpool or bike to work instead of driving alone in their daily commute.
Rideshare Week is a part of OCTA’s Share the Ride program, which is aimed at helping commuters find efficient, environmentally friendly and cost effective ways to commute to work.
Sharing the ride is a stress-free and economical way to get where you need and avoids putting wear and tear on your car.
By pledging to participate you’ll also be entered to win prizes from some of Orange County’s hottest brands and destinations.
The Rideshare Week Street Team will be out and about educating the public and helping commuters pledge – not to mention handing out some really cool Rideshare swag! Look for the team at the following upcoming events:
- Green Expo at Huntington Beach Pier Plaza – Saturday,September 14th, 10am-3pm
- The District at Tustin Legacy – Saturday, September 21, 3pm – 6pm
- The District at Tustin Legacy – Saturday, September 28, 3pm – 6pm
- Tustin Tiller Days – Saturday, October 5, 12pm – 3pm
- Solar Decathlon, OC Great Park – Sunday, October 6, (4 hours TBD)
Keep track of what participants are saying on social media and be sure to use #RideShareWeek in your own posts.
How to do you plan to celebrate Rideshare week?