Lark Creek Newport Beach raises a glass to autumn by highlighting the earthiness of the season with special wild mushroom dishes from Chef/Partner John Ledbetter, paired alongside Pinot Noirs, during its Pinot Noir and Mushroom Festival.
Available starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 1, the festival begins a delicious tradition at Lark Creek Newport Beach, utilizing chanterelle, matsutake, porcini, and other wild varieties in a wide range of dishes that will be offered on the lunch, brunch, and dinner menus. The restaurant will also showcase luscious Pinot Noirs to complement the fall flavors of the featured items.
Chef Ledbetter’s dishes will include the following:
- Alaskan Halibut with chanterelle mushrooms, roasted sunchokes, piquillo pepper rouille, almonds, and herb salad
- Porcini Tart with gruyere cheese, hazelnuts, and watercress
- Duck Confit and Mushroom Risotto with hedgehog mushrooms, fine herbs, and sage
- Vegetable Lasagna featuring house made pasta with wild mushroom and artichoke “Bolognese”
- Organic Three-Egg Mushroom Omelet with Hen of the Woods mushrooms, cherry tomato sauté, and goat cheese
Sample Wines will include:
- Cambria Julia’s Vineyard, Santa Maria Valley
- High Hook, McMinnville
- DuMol, Russian River Valley
- Etude, Carneros
- MacMurray Ranch, Russian River
Helmed by Partner/Chef John Ledbetter and General Manger Chad Sisco, the premiere Orange County restaurant offers diners seasonal, sustainable, farm-fresh cuisine, perfect for the coastal lifestyle, and features a sophisticated bar program offering artisanal cocktails, craft beer, and exceptional wine list. Lark Creek Newport Beach is also the first restaurant on the West Coast to earn SPE certification, a unique program designed to enhance the nutritional quality of meals without sacrificing taste.
Located at 957 Newport Center Drive at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, the restaurant is below Island Cinema and is open for lunch, dinner, happy hour, and weekend brunch. Reservations are available by calling 949.640.6700 or through the restaurant’s website. For more information, visit the restaurant at www.larkcreeknb.com, on Facebook, and on Twitter.